Providing a Range of
Commercial & Residential Services
All our team members have undergone extensive training in all aspects of the electrical trade and are fully qualified to diagnose, carry out repairs, new installations and maintenance on electrical boards, wiring, fixtures and fittings associated with electrical installations.
Because the law holds the user or lessor of an electrical installation personally responsible for the safety, safe usage and maintenance of the electrical installation of the property, Amptex conducts inspections on behalf of the general public and makes special findings as to:
- The condition and safety of the electric installation systems on any premises
- Ensures all standards are being met and continuously complied with
- The issue of electrical certificates for the sale of properties
Our teams have access to a large range of spare parts and fittings as well as the equipment necessary for most jobs, so that your problem is solved efficiently and professionally, with zero frustration.
Pool Motors & Heaters
- Pool Motors plumbing repairs and replacement
- New Pumps & Motors
- Pool Heaters Services, Repairs & Supply
- Pool DB Boards & Timers
- Pool Timers
- Diagnosing all Stove and oven problems
- Fit New Stove
- Fit or Repairs to Stove Power Point
- Wiring Repair
- Element Replacements
- Stove Plate Replacements
- Stove Isolators
- Diagnosing all Repair requirements
- LED Light Supply & Installation
- Office & Parking Lot
- Specialized Design & Layout
- Street Lights
- Ceiling & Down Lights
- Home & Security Lights
- Globe Replacements
- Lighting Contactors
- Landscaping Lights
- LED Lights Supply, Installations, Repairs & Maintenance
- Distribution Boards (DB) Upgrades, Services and Repairs
- Relocations, Upgrades, Replacement of Switches, Rewiring and Balancing
- Dedicated Circuits (Red Plugs)
- Earth leakage, tripping, power outages
- Lightning and surge arrestor supply and installation
- Class 1 & 2 Protection
- Earthing Repairs & Installations
- Certification for all insurance companies in S.A
- Lighting Conductors for Thatched Roofs, Houses & Buildings
- Transformers, Motors & Generator Protection
Do you have water dripping through the ceiling? Water running over top of the roof? Sounds like you may have a burst or leaking geyser.
Sooner or later it happens to all of us, and usually at the worst possible time! Contact us if your geyser has burst, is leaking or just needs replacing. Now is as good a time as any to get that leaky geyser fixed before it becomes a major problem.
We will maintain, repair or replace your burst geysers or leaking geysers new and Old! We also repair leaking pipes and valves around geysers.
- Diagnosing all geyser repairs and replacements
- Repairs to burst or leaking geysers, pipes, valves and elements
Electical Services Quick Guide
- Residential, Commercial & Industrial Installations, Maintenance & Renovations
- Same day electrical services
- Light Repairs
- New Installations
- Earth Leakage Problems
- Power Failure
- Burned Wires
- Distribution Board Upgrades
- Burned Wiring
- Bulb Replacements
- Replace Lamps, LED Lamps
- Distribution Boards
- Timers & Motors
- Electrical Certificate
- No Hot Water
- Tripping Power
- Gate motors
- Tripping power
- New installations
Electrical Compliance Certificates
You should ensure that you receive and keep the paperwork for all completed electrical installation work and periodic inspection and testing. All certificates and reports should include schedules of inspections and test results.
The type of certification or report you receive depends on the extent and type of electrical installation work, or inspection and testing, that you have had carried out.
Electrical certification for new installations, alterations or additions
Electrical Installation Certificates (EICs) provide you, as the person responsible for the safety of an electrical installation, with a declaration that the new installation, or alteration or addition, is safe to use at the time it was put into service.
- Electrical Compliance Certificate
- Electrical Fault Finding & Faulty Plug Replacement
- Geyser Tripping Power & Element Replacement
- Commercial Electrical Maintenance
- Lightning Repairs
Want to find out more? Continue Reading
What should I do if a switch on my electrical board keeps tripping?
Turn off all the lights and appliances affected by the tripped switch:
Switch everything you can to the OFF position. If your TV went out and it doesn’t have a manual OFF switch, unplug it. It’s best not to have any electronics drawing electricity when the circuit breaker is reset (in step 3 below), or further damage could be done. The sudden surge of power could adversely affect your home computer, fan, or gaming system.
Find your circuit box and search for the breaker(s) in the OFF position:
Some circuit breakers have a red or orange color if they are switched OFF.
- Flip the breaker from OFF to ON: Then, simply turn back on the appliances and devices you turned off in step 1, and you should be fine. If your circuit breaker keeps tripping contact us to check it out.
Why don't we have any hot water even though the geyser is on?
- Bad Heating Elements
- Checking Thermostat
- Pressure Relief Valves
- Leaking Geyser
- Geyser Drain Valve
There are a handful of items that can malfunction or wear out on an electric geyser. See if you can locate your problem and whether it is practical for you to get it resolved.
Electric geyser troubleshooting involves checking wiring that has a significant amount of current. In fact the combination of volts and amps in an electric geyser can be lethal. Be Careful!! When working around electricity. That does not mean that this type of repair is impossible. It just means you need to have the right skills and take the right precautions. At the very minimum you want to have an understanding of what it is that needs fixing.
Electric geyser troubleshooting starts out at a fairly difficult level. Contact us to diagnose and repair the problem.
Our house was struck by lightening and now nothing works
It is highly likely that your electrical circuit has been compromised. Call us to assess the damage and address the neccessary repairs.
Why do we have no power when the rest of the street does?
There are several reasons this might happen. A single street can be served by two different main power lines and/or substations, which explains why your neighbors may have power restored before you do. You and your neighbor might not share the same power line or circuit. The power line feeding electricity to your home may be damaged, or your individual connection might require repair. Your home also might need internal electrical repairs. Contact us to assist.
About Us & Why We are
The Best For the Job
Amptex Projects specializes in electrical, plumbing and building services that include maintenance, new installations and construction for home, industrial and commercial applications. Amptex Projects was founded in 1999 with the purpose of providing the highest quality service and products to clients requiring any plumbing, electrical or repair, refurbishments or renovation services.